What do you do when you have potpourri that doesn't have any more smell? You don't want to throw it away because it fits perfectly with the decor in your kitchen and lets be honest (it was a bit expensive). It really becomes an annoying problem. I have always been frustrated by this because I felt like I had wasted my money so I had to find a solution.
So, here is what I figured out. The way that potpourri gains its fragrance is through what is called the Curation Process. For example, our potpourri is curated for about 6 months before sale. The process includes making the potpourri and pouring oil into the big bucket and letting it sit closed for many months.
Since my little bowl was not exactly a large quantity and I couldn't just put it away for 6 months, I had to figure out a better way. So what I came up with creates a small version of this very intricate long process. Here are the steps:
Things you will need:
1 Ziplock bag (big enough to hold all of your potpourri)
2-4 tablespoons of scented oil
A dark closet or pantry
1. Pour the potpourri into the ziplock bag.
2. Add the scented oil into the bag.
3. Shake the oil and potpourri for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
4. Leave the bag in the pantry for 1-4 days.
5. When finished pour the potpourri back into the bowl and it will be like brand new!
Hope this helps bring your potpourri back to life!
See you soon,
What are your current Valentine's Plans! Here at Katelyn's Korner we love Valentine's Day! It's such a special time to show the people we love appreciation through finding the perfect gift and the perfect date.
Christmas is just around the corner and I would like to share with you how you can make your table decorations glow this holiday season. It always gets some great complements when people visit my house. Its super simple and uses items that can be found in any home during the holidays!
What you will need:
- A strand of christmas lights
- A glass or crystal vase
- 1 bag of Katelyn's Korner Potpourri
- 1 candle of medium size
To get started:
- Clean out the vase you have decided to use.
- Add a handful of our potpourri to the bottom of the vase.
- Slowly layer the lights followed by potpourri to create the layering effect.
- Once the vase is about 3/4 full, add the candle to the center of the vase.
- Continue to add lights and fill the top of and cover the surrounding candle.
- Plug in the lights to make the vase glow
I hope this adds a great touch to your home this holidays! Let me know some creative ideas you are adding to your home this holiday season!